Here’s where we’ll be this coming week:
Farm Fresh Rhode Island Winter Farmers Market
Hope Artiste Village
1005 Main St, Pawtucket
Thundermist Health Center Farmers Market
450 Clinton St, Woonsocket
(inside lobby, 1st floor)
What we’ll be selling:
- Herbal Teas
- Culinary Herbs: Marjoram, Rosemary, Oregano, Marjoram Zaatar
- Possibly some items from our farmer friends from Zephyr Farm, Pak Express Farm, Scratch Farm, Big Train Farm, gC Farm, and the Good Earth
Herbal Tea Blend Recipe: Catnip + Lavender + Lemon Balm
Catnip aids in sleep.
Lavender is soothing.
Lemon balm is calming.
Sounds like the perfect combination for this dreary winter! It is also very tasty, especially with some local honey.
How to do it:
- Purchase these 3 herbal blends from us.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon of each, for each cup of tea.
- Steep in a muslin tea bag (preferred) or tea strainer in hot—not boiling—water for about 10 minutes.
- Add some honey and lemon (optional) and enjoy!
How to Make Vegetable Broth
Due to the weather, our selection of fresh produce is temporarily limited. In the meanwhile, you can stock up on our root vegetables and make some delicious and healthy broths to keep on hand for the months to come.
Check out this easy recipe on how to make homemade vegetable broth from kitchen scraps. Toss in some fresh root vegetables and onions and you’ll have a tasty, healthy, and versatile broth.
You can take it a step further and make a heartier broth with bones from one of our local meat vendors, like Frank from PV Farmstand. There are so many ways to make bone broths or bone stocks; here’s a simple one.
Making your own broth at home is simple, and it’s healthier, cheaper, and tastier than buying it from the store! Homemade broths add a lot of flavor and some serious nutrients to otherwise ordinary dishes. I hope you’ll give it a shot.
See you at the markets!