That’s right: We love lavender!
Here’s some lavender de Provence on our farm, just a few days till harvesting.
All About Lavender
- Lavender is a common medicinal plant. It aids in sleep and relaxation, helps inflammation, and inspires creativity (so we’ve heard).
- In food, lavender lends a floral and slightly sweet flavor to dishes.
Fun facts about lavender:
- It was one of the holy herbs used in the biblical Temple to prepare the holy essence.
- In medieval times, powdered lavender was used as a condiment.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
Our friend Vanessa Query over at They Call Me Oystergirl made a delicious, seasonally-appropriate lavender lemonade using our dried lavender and local raw honey.
Here are the ingredients for her lavender lemonade with raw honey:
- 1 tablespoon of lavender flowers
- 2 cups of water
- 2-3 lemons
- another 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of honey (ideally raw and local)
What’s special about her recipe is that it is completely cold-brewed. Even the honey is stirred in cold, which keeps it raw and maintains its enzymes.
Click here for the full lavender lemonade recipe.
Looking for more to do with our lavender? Check out Cool Things to Make with Fresh Lavender.